Friday 25 March 2011

Early Morning on the Somerset Levels

I decided to get up super early yesterday morning and head to the Somerset levels to see what I could find. I made it to the car park a little before 6am and was greeted by very thick mist which was persistant to say the least! But none the less I did get fantastic views of a great white egret fishing for eels, although I did manage to get some really good shots the mist put pay to them being any good to use as they are, so I decided to go a little arty on the shot below to bring out the egret. Once the egret flew off I headed over the road to Ham Wall and was treated to wonderful views of 3 great crested grebes and numberous litle grebes, so all in all a pretty good day!

Great White Egret fishing for eels, must have been hungry
while I was watching it, it caught at least 4 big eels!

No comments:

Post a Comment