Friday 15 February 2013

Focus On Imaging 2013


Hello, so thing have been quite quiet on the on photographic front due to some exciting developments and news as well as some serious wedding planning, only 9 weeks to go! So lets start off with the Transylvanian Wildlife Project, in my previous post I broke the news of being made research director for the project, a huge honour for me and something I am very excited about but also mentioned something about exciting news, well here it is:

The project has be awarded a National Geographic Explorers Grant for a 12 month project which will commence this spring and one that I will be heading up, I have already started the leg work ready to hit the ground running with a fantastic and very dedicated team where we will be monitoring the numbers of bears, lynx and wolves in the Carpathian Mountains of Covasna County in Romania. Alongside this we will also be running biodiversity studies of the areas in which we will be working. You can keep up to date with our progress on the following link and typing in "Transylvanian Wildlife Project" into the search bar where it says Find Project.


Away from Romania, I am delighted to announce that I will be attending Focus on Imaging at the NEC this year as a Local Hero of the Manfrotto School of Xcellance. Not only will I be giving two seminars titled "Nature's Beauty Through My Lens" but I will also be leading thirty minutes long one-to-one workshop sessions, both of which are free but space is limited so you will need to book. Full details of timings and the link to book are below. 


Seminar - Nature's Beauty Through My Lens

Sunday 3rd March 1pm - 1.45pm
Tuesday 5th March 11am - 11.45am

In this special seminar for Focus On Imaging I will talk about some of my most memorable images of both wildlife and landscapes and the stories behind capturing them. Looking at different techniques, colour, monochrome and more artistic takes on familiar species I will discuss the importance of knowing your equipment to be able to achieve the results you're looking for in camera. 


One-to-one Workshop Sessions

Sunday 3rd March 2:30pm - 3:00pm
Monday 4th March 2:30pm - 3:00pm
Tuesday 5th March 2:30pm - 3:00pm
Wednesday 6th March 12:30pm - 1:00pm

Here's the link for further details on the seminars and one-to-ones and links to book your place



Outside of these times you will be able to find me on the Kata stand demonstrating and talking about their products so please come and say hello and ask any questions that you may have. I look forward to seeing you there.

Focus On Imaging promises to be a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to it, but in the mean time I'm hoping to get out and about this weekend and photograph some snowdrops in between working my way through mammoth amounts of wedding preparations and drinking lots of tea! Fingers crossed I will have some results to post next week, but for now have a great weekend what ever you are up to, the weather's looking promising! 

1 comment: