Wednesday 29 July 2015

Maltese Wall Lizards

As I was writing my post about our trip to Gozo earlier in the year I realised that I did in fact take a lot of photos of Maltese wall lizards (Podarcis filfolensis) so rather than put all the photos into that post I have given them their very own post.

The Maltese Wall Lizard is a protected species and is only found on the three Maltese Islands (Malta, Gozo and Comino) and Pelagian Islands. 

So here is a photographic celebration of this wonderful lizard, I spent many hours over the week or so crawling around on rocks, laying on rocks and waiting, but it was well worth it. 





















 Such A wonderfully charcterful and photogenic species. If you want to read my post about the trip here it is: Gozo and Malta until next time, stay safe. Victoria xx


No comments:

Post a Comment